There is a reason why Amazon’s One-Day Delivery or Loblaws PC Express services are rapidly becoming popular. Our schedules fill up faster and our lives are more and more hectic. Most of us are spending less and less time focusing on ourselves. This year, I have really tried to make an effort to practise self-care and focus more on my overall wellbeing.
Practising self-care is different for everyone. For some it might be to pamper themselves with a manicure. For others, it could be as simple as setting aside time in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee while it’s still hot. For myself, it’s to get more sleep and to ingest ingredients that make me feel good on the inside and out.
To enhance my bedtime routine I’ve been misting a lavender linen spray on my pillows before I sleep. I love the ritual of using the spray and the scent of lavender that creates such a calm environment, making it so easy to unwind. Making your own linen spray is simple! Below you can find instructions and the supplies you will need. I’ve also included some printable labels to spruce up your bottle. Why not give it a luxe feel?
DIY Lavender Linen Spray
• 4 oz glass spray bottle
• Printable sticker sheets
• Pinch of dried lavender (optional)
• 1 oz witch hazel
• 25 drops lavender essential oil (or any essential oil of your choice)
• 3 oz distilled water
• Using a funnel, add witch hazel and essential oil to the glass bottle and shake to combine.
• Once combined, add a pinch of dried lavender, then the water. Shake once more to combine.
• Finish by wiping any residue off the bottle and adding the adhesive label.
• Spritz two to three sprays on your pillow at night and enjoy!
Kale Mango Smoothie*
A smoothie I have recently added to my arsenal is this Kale Mango smoothie. I have been addicted to it for a number of reasons. Besides being absolutely delicious, it is packed with a ton of vitamins and nutrients that are good for your body, hair, skin, and digestive system. Kale alone is very high in vitamin C (even more than orange juice) and is loaded with antioxidants. Like kale, mango is also high in vitamins and antioxidants as well as being great for digestive health. I like to add collagen peptides (which I order through Amazon) to my smoothies as a little added boost for my skin and bone health.
• 1 ½ cups chopped kale
• 1 cup diced fresh mango (if frozen add an extra ¼ cup)
• 1 cup milk (can be substituted with milk alternatives)
• 1 cup mango nectar
• Collagen peptides (follow package directions)
• 1 tbsp honey (optional)
• Dissolve collagen peptides in the milk and mango nectar.
• Add liquids and remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Mona Elkadri is a lifestyle blogger with a fondness for everyday living and entertaining, from sweet recipes to home décor and DIY, and everything in between.